Monday, August 13, 2018

A great dog and an even better friend.

It's been a few years now but when hunting season gets here I remember Gable.  He was a German shorthair hunting machine.  It seemed like he knew when it was time to hunt.  I shot some pheasants and quail over him. If I would have been as good a shot as he was in finding them I probably would have had a few more.  Have you ever had your dog look back at you with a look that says, "Are you kidding me, how did you miss!"  He was a faithful companion and family member.  It was tough when we lost him.  Upland bird hunting just isn't the same without him.  We had him cremated and my son put some of his ashes in a couple of spent shot shells.  We carry those in our vests so Gable is still with us in spirit.  He was a great dog and great friend,  Miss you big guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment